WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Monday, FRC Action released its annual Vote Scorecard for Members of Congress showing which Members demonstrated an unwavering commitment and consistent support of faith, family and freedom during the second session of the 114th Congress.
Four members of Congress from Illinois - U.S. Reps. Randy Hultgren (14), Mike Bost (12), Darin LaHood (18) and Peter Roskam (6) - scored a perfect 100 percent on this year's scorecard, earning them the group's annual "True Blue" Award.
Votes in the U.S. House included:
- Defunding Planned Parenthood and Repealing Key Elements of Obamacare
- Authorizing School Choice in D.C.
- Preventing Veterans Administration Doctors from Recommending Marijuana as Medicine
- Eliminating Taxpayer Funding for Abortion in D.C.
- Voting against Special Privileges Based on Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity in Hiring
- Preventing Federal Funds from Undermining Religious Freedom Protections
- Voting against Taxpayer Funding of Abortion for Federal Employee Benefits
- Voting against D.C. Autonomy to Fund Abortion and Recreational Marijuana
- Protecting Pro-life Organizations and Employers' Freedom in Hiring
- Prohibiting Women to be Required to Register for Selective Service
- Preventing Government Discrimination Against Pro-life Entities
Hultgren's office released a press statement on the award from Family Research Council Action President Tony Perkins:
We thank Representative Hultgren for consistently voting to uphold faith, family and freedom. Rep. Hultgren voted to repeal key parts of Obamacare, protect unborn children and their mothers, end the forced partnership between taxpayers and Planned Parenthood, allow students to attend the school of their choice, and protect pro-life organizations and employers from being forced to hire individuals who disagree with pro-life principles.
We can be encouraged by elected officials who are willing to be criticized as they stand for family values. Members like Rep. Hultgren deserve praise for their unwavering commitment to stand for life, family, marriage, and religious liberty.
Family Research Council Action and the hundreds of thousands of families and churches we represent are proud to recognize these men and women for their faithful work. Our hope is that in the next Congress, he will be joined by many more like him," Perkins concluded.
To view a copy of the Vote Scorecard, visit https://www.frcaction.org/scorecard