WASHINGTON – Tuesday, the Senate Leadership Fund (“SLF”) announced its first round of fall broadcast and cable reservations totaling $22.8 million and something pretty noticeable for Illinois U.S. Senator Mark Kirk is missing:
- NH – $15.8 million (4 weeks in September; 2 weeks in October)
- OH – $8.1 million (2 weeks in September; 2 weeks in October)
- NV – $6 million (3 weeks in September; 3 weeks in October)
- PA – $6.2 million (3 weeks in October)
- MO – $2.5 million (3 weeks in September)
SLF says they will add buys in additional states in the coming weeks, specifically in Florida where Senator Marco Rubio’s reelection announcement came after these TV buys had been assembled.
“After years of partisan dysfunction under Harry Reid, the Senate is getting results again for American families under Mitch McConnell’s steady leadership. We set out this election cycle with one paramount goal: keeping the Senate in Republican hands. We are making good progress toward that goal, and this investment is another big step in that direction," said Steven Law, former chief of staff to Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and president of the Senate Leadership Fund.
Apparently, no SLF money is being invested in Illinois for Senator Kirk's re-election.