Illinois' delegation to the RNC summer meeting includes ILGOP Chairman Tim Schneider (L), Chicago Young Republican's Angel Garcia, RNC Committeewoman and RNC Secretary Demetra DeMonte and RNC Committeeman Richard Porter - Photo posted on Garcia's FB page
CHiCAGO - The Republican National Committee is holding its 2014 summer meeting at Chicago's Westin Hotel Thursday and Friday. Friday afternoon, RNC Chairman Reince Priebus is expected to announce they are picking Cleveland for the RNC's 2016 National Convention.
The schedule for the two-day meeting includes visits from U.S. Rep Paul Ryan (WI) and Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker.
The full schedule is below:
Thursday, August 7
- 9:45 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. -- Standing Committee on Rules Meeting
- 2:30 - 3:30 p.m. -- Rising Stars Townhall
Friday, August 8
- 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. -- RNC General Session (includes remarks from Chairman Priebus and Co-Chairman Sharon Day, Committee Business and a final vote on the 2016 National Convention)
- 12:00 - 12:30 p.m. -- Press Conference on the 2016 National Convention
- 12:30 - 2:00 p.m. -- Luncheon with U.S. Congressman Paul Ryan (WI-1) and Gubernatorial Candidate Pete Ricketts (NE)
- 6:30 - 10:00 p.m. -- Reception and Dinner at Shedd Aquarium with Governor Scott Walker