CHICAGO - In response to the federal government's lack of immigration law enforcement, citizens throughout the nation are staging protests this weekend to support those fighting illegal immigration.
Five protests are scheduled for Illinois cities in Peoria, Bloomington, Fairview Heights, Moline and Chicago.
The "National Day Of Protesting Against Immigration Reform/Amnesty & Border Surge" has scheduled three Illinois protests for Friday:
- Chicago - 204 S Ashland Ave, Chicago, IL 60607, Friday July 18, 11:00am – 4pm, This protest will take place at the Mexican Consulate in Chicago, Illinois.
- Peoria - 74 Overpass on Monroe St. Downtown Peoria, Friday, July 18, 11:00am - 6:00pm, This protest will take place on an overpass.
- Bloomington - Oakland Ave. Overpass Constitution Trail, Friday, July 18, 3:30pm - 5:00pm, This protest will take place on the Overpass.
And two for Saturday:
- Fairview Heights - Overpass on Bunkum Road & Highway 64, Saturday, July 19, 9:00am - 12:00pm, This protest will take place on the Overpass over Highway 64.
- Moline - This protest will take place on the Overpass at 27th Street over I-74, Saturday, July 19, 10:00am-2pm