By Ulysses Arn -
Ladies and gentlemen, a very rotten deal took place over the weekend, a deal that will end up costing the lives of a yet untold number of innocents, and will have serious foreign policy ramifications for decades to come. All of the details that we know about so far paint a very clear picture, something extremely wrong took place this weekend when President Obama traded 5 senior Taliban commanders for 1 American.
Here are those gory details (Warning: reading this WILL cause you to turn into The Hulk and want to beat the crap out of President Obama, National Security Advisor Susan Rice, and Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel.)
- All five terrorist freed from military detention at Guantanamo Bay where hardened killers with the blood of thousands of Afghan citizens and dozens of US military service members on their hands.
- Two of the five terrorist President Obama traded for Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl are wanted by the United Nations for war crimes against Shiite Muslims in Afghanistan, including genocide.
- All five terrorists are considered by the US government to be at high risk of returning to the battlefield.
- US law was violated twice in making this deal.
- 1) The law states that Congress must be notified 30 days prior to the transfer of any terrorist held at Guantanamo, the administration admits they violated this provision, and as Sec. of Defense Chuck Hagel said on Sunday, they did so willfully and deliberately.
- 2) That same law states that any Gitmo terrorist released to another country has to have certain assurances and security measures in place so as to prevent these unlawful enemy combatants from returning to the battlefield.
*It should be noted that around 30% of all Gitmo terrorist released so far have returned to the fight against the United State, our allies, and our interest. Media reports out of Qatar state that now that the five Taliban commanders are there they are being allowed to freely move about the country with the possibility of them returning to Afghanistan and rejoining the Taliban in a years time(if we are lucky).
The Gulf official said the Taliban men, who have been granted Qatari residency permits, will not be treated like prisoners while in Doha and no U.S. officials will be involved in monitoring their movement while in the country. “Under the deal they have to stay in Qatar for a year and then they will be allowed to travel outside the country… They can go back to Afghanistan if they want to,” the official said.
- Sec. of Defense Chuck Hagel has publicly stated that Congress wasn't notified of the deal as required by law, because the deal was time sensitive and that Sgt. Bergdahl was in deteriorating health necessitating a speed swap.
Yet reports indicate that Sgt. Bergdahl was able to walk to the US Special Forces waiting for him on his own and climbed into the helicopter that took him to safety without assistance. The hospital in Germany that is treating Sgt. Bergdahl list him in stable condition and appears to be treating him for some dehydration and malnutrition. Hardly the kind of medical treatment, or listed condition, someone who Chuck Hagel said, "safety and health were both in jeopardy", would be receiving.
- In defending making the 5 Taliban terrorist leaders for Sgt. Bergdahl trade administration officials have said this was a simple swap of POW as the conflict in Afghanistan winds down. However, the DoD has listed Bowe Bergdahl as "missing/captured" not a POW. Furthermore, under the articles of the Geneva Convention no terrorist is considered a "POW" when captured. Mark Levin-Bergdahl was not a POW exchange
- On Sunday National Security Advisor Susan Rice said that Sgt. Bergdahl was captured by insurgents "on the battlefield". That is patiently false. Soldiers from then Private Bergdahl's unit have stated for the last five years, and are doing so again this week, that Bowe Bergdahl walked off base without permission(AWOL), taking only a compass, camera, knife, water, and diary with him. Those same soldiers state that when they went looking for the missing(AWOL) Bergdahl local Afghanis stated that they saw Bergdahl the night before and that he was asking them where he could find the Taliban. That makes Sgt Bowe Bergdahl a deserter. -Col. David Hunt has said to Fox News' Bill O'Reilly that at least 14 US service members died while looking for Bergdahl in the mountainous border region of Afghanistan and Pakistan.
- Emails and letters written by Bowe Bergdahl prior to his desertion to his parents and others show a young man who was disillusioned with America, the military, and the mission in Afghanistan. From those emails via Rolling Stone:
"The future is too good to waste on lies," Bowe wrote. "And life is way too short to care for the damnation of others, as well as to spend it helping fools with their ideas that are wrong. I have seen their ideas and I am ashamed to even be american. The horror of the self-righteous arrogance that they thrive in. It is all revolting." "I am ashamed to be an american. And the title of US soldier is just the lie of fools." "The US army is the biggest joke the world has to laugh at. It is the army of liars, backstabbers, fools, and bullies. Bowe concluded his e-mail with what, in another context, might read as a suicide note. "I am sorry for everything," he wrote. "The horror that is america is disgusting."
- There are also troubling reports that soon after his capture Bowe Bergdahl converted to Islam and joined the Taliban helping the with bomb making techniques and possibly telling them of weaknesses to military vehicles and bases. Soliders who were apart of the early search for Bowe Bergdahl have stated that in the weeks following his desertion Taliban attacks against US forces escalated, becoming more deadly, and more complicated. -The Washington Times is reporting that the Pentagon in 2010 knew Bergdahl's location and refused to risk US soldiers to "rescue" a deserter:
The Pentagon on several occasions had ground-level intelligence on where ArmySgt. Bowe Bergdahl was being held captive at various times — down to how many gunmen were guarding him — but special operations commanders repeatedly shelved rescue missions because they didn’t want to risk casualties for a man they believed to be a “deserter,” sources familiar with the mission plans said. Commanders on the ground debated whether to pull the trigger on a rescue several times in recent years, according to one of the sources, a former high-level intelligence official in Afghanistan, who said the conclusion each time was that the prospect of losing highly trained troops was too high a price to pay for rescuing a soldier who walked away from his unit before being captured by the enemy. A second source told The Washington Times that the rescue operation plans were “high risk” and became even less attractive in recent months when officials in the Pentagon’s Joint Special Operations Command grew convinced that the Taliban and the militant Haqqani network, whose operatives were holding Sgt. Bergdahl, were eager to cut a deal for his release.
- If a US soldier possibly joining the enemy and helping them kill Americans, which is something we call Treason, isn't bad enough, just wait until you hear about Bowe Bergdahl's father Robert "Bob" Bergdahl. As reported by Twitchy and Weasel Zippers Bob Berdahl has sent out tweets seeking the release of more terrorist from Guantanamo Bay, retweeted a story about a deadly Taliban attack on a US base, tweeted out a video showing a terrorist attack on US forces, and said that democracy was a "cult".
- Walid Shoebat has also taken a look at Bob Bergdahl's Youtube account and has found a man that likes Jihadist propaganda videos showing attacks on US soldiers, knows an Islamic victory pray(Walid also documents how it appears that Bob Bergdahl converted to Islam) and follows senior Taliban members online and appears to have been in communication(or at least attempted to) with Taliban leadership.
I told you these details would make you want to turn into the Hulk -