WARREN TOWNSHIP - Three Republicans are vying for the chairmanship of the Lake County Republican Central Committe - Keith Brin, Robert Cook and Mike Amrozowicz. Amrozowicz, chairman of the Warren Township GOP, says he has a three point plan for what he'd do if elected next Tuesday during the Lake County GOP Convention:
1. Turn the Lake County headquarters from a monthly social gathering site into a command/control center. We will have phone systems and precinct walk sheets available for the effort. There will be a list of vote targets for each precinct and township in Lake County.
2. Focus on vote getting. Every month we will determine where we are producing vote results and where we are not, and adjust accordingly.
3. Offer a place for new volunteers to get productively involved. Too often good people come to volunteer because they want to make a difference but end up being lost because they experience an organization adrift due to lack of focus and purpose. Our single-minded focus on get out the vote will provide these new people with task and purpose and, in turn, a pool of talent to create committeemen.
As Warren Township Chairman, Amronzowicz boasts six years of political progress:
1. In the summer of 2010, after a series of successful fundraising efforts, we opened a full time Warren Township Republican Office which was made available for use to all our candidates. In the last two election cycles our office was the only Lake County GOP organizational office open 3-4 nights a week and on the weekends, conducting precinct walks and phone banks.
2. Warren Township GOP funded, established, coordinated, and operated a 16 line phone bank for Wisconsin Governor Walker recall election, reaching 25,000 Wisconsin voters.
3. In the 2012 general election, after the state party pulled the phones and resources from our county headquarters after only three weeks, the Warren GOP headquarters became a de facto headquarters for numerous candidates from county board to circuit court judges to county-wide candidates to U.S. congressmen.
4. For the March 2014 primary Warren Township GOP operated a phone bank since early December for our Gubernatorial Candidate, Bruce Rauner. After making roughly 20,000 calls, Bruce obtained a 55% to 29% margin of victory in Lake County, the best performing of Illinois' 102 counties.
"The problem can be solved. It won’t be easy but it can be done," Amrozowicz said. "Together, with unity of purpose, measureable goals, and tangible results we will bring the Lake County Republican Party back to political relevance."