WORTH TOWNSHIP - Republicans on Chicago's southwest side will be pushing in the March 18th GOP primary for Doug Truax to be the GOP U.S. Senate nominee and Chicago businessman Bruce Rauner for governor.
The GOP organization's picks were decided by members. A 60 percent threshold had to be passed for endorsement. The results were:
- U.S. Senate - Jim Oberweis got 35.7 percent and Doug Truax 64.3 percent. Truax is endorsed.
- Governor, Bruce Rauner led with 73.8 percent , Bill Brady with 19.1, Kirk Dillard with 4.8 and Dan Rutherford with 2.4. Rauner is endorsed.
- Treasurer, Tom Cross received 61.5 percent to Bob Grogan's 38.46. Cross is endorsed.
- 3rd Congressional District, Sharon Branigan pulled 89.7 percent and the endorsement, over Diane Harris at 10.3.
- Cook County Commissioner of the 17th District, Elizabeth Gorman is endorsed with 77.5 percent over Barbara Bellar's 22.5 percent.