The "Quad-Township" Republican Organization (QTRO), consisting of the Moraine, Shields, Vernon, and West Deerfield Township Republican Organizations, has announced its 2014 GOP Primary endorsements. The include:
- Bruce Rauner for Governor - 88.85% of the vote
- Bob Grogan for Treasurer - 89.91% of the vote
- Mike Webster for Secretary of State - 100% of the vote
- Paul Schimpf for Attorney General - 100% of the vote
- Bob Dold for U.S. Rep. (10th Dist.) - 100% of the vote
- Don Wilson for State Senate (30th Dist.) - 100% of the vote
- Bill Grossi for State Rep. (57th Dist.) - 100% of the vote
- Leslie Munger for State Rep. (59th Dist.) - 100% of the vote
- Carla Wyckoff for Lake County Clerk - 100% of the vote
The following received the majority of votes in their respective contests, but did not meet the 60+% threshold required for endorsement:
- Doug Truax for U.S. Senate - 56.56% of the vote
- Bob Bednar for State Rep. (51st Dist.) - 55.84% of the vote
- Jeri Atleson for Lake County Treasurer - 54.84% of the vote
When contacted for comment, Bruce Rauner said, "the township endorsements were a powerful boost in our battle to shake up Springfield and bring back Illinois." Bob Grogan noted, "it is an honor to receive an endorsement of this magnitude -- especially when it comes from those so informed on the issues." Paul Schimpf added, "I am honored to receive such an endorsement since it recognizes I can provide the fundemental transformation we need in the Illinois Attorney General's Office."
Bob Cook, Chairman of the Lake County Republican Central Committee commented, "The vitality and enthusiasm shown by those in attendance was contagious and reflects the underlying positive attitudes of all Committeemen and women in Lake County. We wish all our candidates well and look forward to working with them throughout the election cycle."