According to Greg Hinz, GOP gubernatorial candidate Bruce Rauner is leading his opponents in endorsements, with State Sen. Kirk Dillard coming in a close second. By Hinz's calculation, Rauner has more organizations backing him, while Dillard has more elected officials.
The Cook County GOP and Republican organizations in 11 of the county's 30 suburban townships are with Mr. Rauner. So are two township groups in Lake County. However, Dillard has the backing of former Govs. Jim Edgar and Jim Thompson, plus at least 18 fellow state lawmakers and dozens of township, county and other officials in DuPage County.
This past week Dillard announced the endorsements of:
- Raymond Poe - State Representative 99th
- Bob Pritchard - State Representative 70th
- Randy Ramey - Wayne Township GOP Chairman
- Pat Durante - Addison Township GOP Chairman
- Lori Carlson - DuPage Milton Township GOP Chairman
- Anthony Castrogiovanni – Berwyn Township GOP Committeeman
- Rachel Ossyra - Naperville Township GOP Chairman
- Brian Krajewski - Downers Grove GOP Chairman & DuPage
“We’ll be continuing to release more supporters over the next several weeks so voters can see the broad support building for our campaign throughout Illinois,” Campaign Manager Glenn Hodas said.
State Sen. Bill Brady reports two endorsements: state Sen. David Luechtefeld of Okawville and Rep. Tom Demmer of Dixon. And Illinois Treasurer Dan Rutherford says he will release a list later.