GOP gubernatorial candidate Bruce Rauner announced today that he will participate in five, general debates led by mainstream media prior to the March 18th primary. His running mater Evelyn Sanguinetti has also agreed to participate in the WTTW, public television debate for lieutenant governor candidates.
“I look forward to debating the critical issues of jobs, taxes and spending, education, term limits, and more..,” Rauner said.
The debates Rauner has agreed to participate in are:
- Sponsor: Illinois Manufacturers’ Association Proposed Date: February 4
- Sponsor: Citizens Club of Springfield Proposed Date: February 18
- Sponsor: League of Women Voters, ABC 7, Univision Proposed Date: February 27
- Sponsor: NBC 5, University of Chicago Proposed Date: March 4
- Sponsor: WTTW Proposed Date: March 13
The Lieutenant Governor debate Sanguinetti will participate in is:
- Sponsor: WTTW Proposed Date: March 6