CHICAGO - Trade unions are writing large checks to Gov. Pat Quinn for his 2014 gubernatorial bid, Sun-Times' Lynn Sweet says. Quinn's last quarter report will show $4.75 million on hand in his campaign war chest, some of which has come from union pacs, such as:
- $150,000 from the IBEW, the electrical workers union PAC
- $100,000 from the IUPAT, the International Painters PAC
- $100,000 from the Laborers Union PAC.
- $ 52,600 from the United Food and Commercial Workers PAC
- $ 30,600 from the Laborers Political Education Fund PAC
- $ 25,000 from the Ironworkers Union PAC
Sweet also reveals that Quinn will be reporting $250,000 from the Chicago area based Local 150 of the International Union Operating Engineers PAC - the union headed by James Sweeney, who also chairs the Chicagoland Operators Joint Labor-Management PAC. Sweeney's Labor-Management PAC is also writing checks to Republican state lawmakers.