”The candidates we endorsed today represent the promise of a better future for Illinois” said Bruce Sauer, Chairman Cuba Township Republicans Saturday. “Their dedication, policy ideas and talents point us toward unprecedented Republican victories in November.”
The candidates from competitive races were invited to present their case and answer questions from the Cuba Township Republican Precinct Committeemen at a closed meeting held on January 18 in Barrington. Committeemen then voted by secret ballot. Candidates who received a 2/3 majority of the vote were endorsed by the organization. Saturday's picks were:
- Governor/Lieutenant Governor: Bruce Rauner / Evelyn Sanguinetti
- U.S. Senator: Doug Truax
- State Treasurer: Bob Grogan
- Lake County Treasurer: David Stohlman
- State Rep District 51: Ed Sullivan Jr.
- Cuba Township Precinct 75 Committeeman: Keith Hanson