Former Congressman and AM560 WIND talk show host Joe Walsh can be difficult to find. When he's not on the radio, he's usually emceeing an event, speaking at a rally, or earning media with his trademark sound bites.
Now he's planning a statwide Walsh Freedom tour.
Walsh told Illinois Review "The state and nation are broke and broken. Both Republicans and Democrats have brought us to this point. Therefore the two sides are no longer Republican vs. Democrat. Candidates now are either on the side of freedom or on the side of big government -- no matter the Party."
Walsh said he's touring Illinois to "build a grassroots army of tens of thousands of conservatives, independents, and tea party patriots who will work to get freedom-loving candidates elected." He and his army "will knock on doors," said Walsh. "We'll make phone calls, give financial support and use social media to spread the word for candidates who support five simple principles:
- Cut our taxes -- it's our money, let us keep more of what we earn.
- Diminish the influence of government over our lives, our businesses, and our families.
- Eliminate this criminal debt which is bankrupting future generations.
- Respect our God given rights -- including our religious liberties and our right to carry a firearm.
- Agree to be a citizen legislator and not a professional politician -- self limit.
According to Walsh, his army will work for candidates at all levels -- federal, state, county and municipal. "We are Illinois' largest grassroots conservative political army and we are growing," noted the former congressman. "It no longer matters if you have an "R" behind your name. Those days are done. You have to support freedom and limited government...period."