BUFFALO GROVE - Wednesday, Republican Jeri Atleson announced she's turning the Republicans' bid for Lake County treasurer into a two-way race to be decided in the March 2014 primary.
Immediately after Atleson's announcement was published on Illinois Review, fellow Republican David Stolman's campaign released a list of 22 Republican elected officials who, Stolman says, have endorsed him for the spot. Stolman's list includes:
- Former Illinois Lieutenant Governor Corinne Wood
- Lake County Circuit Court Clerk Keith Brin
- Lake County Regional Superintendant of Schools Roycealee Wood
- Lake County Board Chairman Aaron Lawlor
- State Senator Dan Duffy
- State Senator Pam Althoff
“I am proud and honored to have already received the support of so many respected Lake County leaders,” said Stolman. “These are officials who have stood for fiscal responsibility. I look forward to working with them as Lake County Treasurer to advance technology in the office while being an advocate for economic development and a watchdog for the public’s tax dollars.”
Stolman has served on the Lake County Board since 1992.