CHICAGO - As challengers from both the left and right begin to ramp up their campaigns for her office, Illinois Comptroller Judy Baar Topinka has formed a new, nonprofit advisory council, which will be formally announced today at a press conference.
According to the Comptroller's office, the Council will meet regularly to discuss funding for service organizations and ways to address the fiscal challenges facing nonprofits in Illinois.
Members of the newly formed council include:
- Reverend Charles Jenkins, Pastor, Fellowship MBC - Chicago, IL
- Stephanie Love Patterson, Center for Abused Women and their Children (CAWC)
- Gloria Castillo, President & CEO Chicago United - Chicago, IL
- Carol Green, Executive Director and CEO of Lifescape Community Services, Rockford, IL
- Serena Chen Low, Executive Director, Apna Ghar, Inc.
- Bill Kreeb, President & CEO, Lessie Bates Davis Neighborhood House- E. St. Louis, IL
- Graham C. Grady, Esq. Shefsky & Froelich
- Kathy Weiman, CEO, Alternatives for Older Adults - Moline, IL
- Kenneth Wojcik, CFO, PACT, Inc.- Lisle, IL
- Cesilie Price, CEO Boys & Girls Club of Lake County -North Chicago, IL
- Andrea Durbin, CEO Illinois Collaboration on Youth
- Valerie Lies, President & CEO, Donors Forum
- Kathy Baumann, Executive Director, START - Murphysboro, IL
- Matt Schoenholtz, CFO, Senior Services Associates - Elgin, IL
- Rick Kasper, CEO, Joliet Area Community Hospice - Joliet, IL
- Judith Gethner, Executive Director, Illinois Partners for Human Service - Chicago, IL
- Calvin E. Williams, Chairman of Construction, Illinois Black Chamber of Commerce - Peoria, IL