For those that might think the growing Internal Revenue Service scandal going after groups with names including "Tea Party" or "9-12" seeking tax-exempt status is just over-reaction and globbing on, TheTeaParty.net released a list of items the IRS demanded from them:
- List all activities, rallies, advertising to be explained "in detail"
- Lists of industry conventions at which the organization had a presence and any materials distributed to the public there
- copies of current web pages. "If you are a membership organization, please include all the pages that are accessible only to your members"
- Financial detais about internet related activies
- Content of blogs and social media presence
The rest of their story is HERE on FreedomWorks.