CHICAGO - The Chicago Tea Party in partnership with Tea Party Patriots.org announce the 5th annual Tax Day Tea Party Rally on Monday, April 15, 2013 at 12 p.m. in Daley Plaza in downtown Chicago. The theme for this year's event is "Taxed and regulated enough already!" The rally will be in downtown Chicago, where the Tea Party movement began.
The 2013 Chicago Tax Day Tea Party will feature nationally known speakers, local liberty leaders and regular Americans who are making a difference. However, the real stars of the tea party will be the thousands of concerned citizens joining together in Daley Plaza once again.
- Joe Walsh - Former Illinois 8th district U.S. Congressman WalshFreedom.com
- Denise Cattoni - Illinois Tea Party State Coordinator. IllinoisTeaParty.net
- Adam Andrzejewski - Founder of "For the Good of Illinois". ForTheGoodOfIllinois.org
- Dan Proft - Co-host of Bruce Wolf and Dan Proft radio show. Mornings on 890 WLS.
- Jonathon Hoenig - Fox News Contributor and founder of CapitalistPig.com
- C. Steven Tucker - TruthAboutObamacare.com
- Dr. Mark Neerhof - Docs4PatientCare.org
The decisive course of history which unfolded on the 19th of February 2009 was the catalyst for the birth of the national Tea Party movement when Chicago’s very own CNBC correspondent Rick Santelli launched into an off-the-cuff rant in his evaluation of the Obama administration. “This is America!” Santelli shouted. “How many of you people want to pay for your neighbors’ mortgage that has an extra bathroom and can’t pay their bills?…President Obama, are you listening?”
Post-election November 2012, the groups says its leadership team is most cognizant of the role they have and its importance for the underlying, continued support of the Tea Party movement across the United States and preparation for the elections in 2014 and 2016. The state media and GOP Establishment have coalesced their forces in an unrelenting pursuit to marginalize, isolate, and eradicate the Tea Party movement. The Chicago Tea Party says it is not only undeterred in its mission, but committed for posterity’s sake.