WASHINGTON - "My jaw hit the floor," writes US Senator Rand Paul, "After reading Senator Dianne Feinstein’s new so-called "Assault Weapons" Ban, I can only describe this radical scheme as
the effective end of the Second Amendment in America."
The Kentucky senator sent out an email listing the demands on gun owners US Senator Dianne Feinstein's (D-CA) newly-introduced federal gun control legislation would enact:
- Ban the sale, transfer, importation, and manufacturing of 120 specifically named rifles, shotguns and handguns
- Ban the sale, transfer, importation and manufacturing of ALL firearms with a detachable magazine and at least one "military characteristic" -- which could mean just about anything that makes a gun "look scary;"
- Ban the sale, transfer, importation, and manufacturing of magazines holding more than 10
- Force owners of ALL "grandfathered" weapons to undergo an intrusive background check and fingerprinting -- treating law-abiding citizens like criminals;
- Force owners of ALL "grandfathered" weapons to federally register their guns after obtaining a permission slip from local law enforcement showing their guns are not in violation of state or local law.
Paul is organizing a grassroots effort against Feinstein's bill HERE.