SPRINGFIELD - Liberals have gone wild in the Illinois lame duck session starting with President John Cullerton's Democrat-controlled Senate, who in the first day of a three day session moved legislation to legalize same sex marriage, mandate gun registration and ban assault weapons. Expected next is legislation to legalize medical marijuana and expand gambling yet again.
The Illinois House will meet next Monday and Tuesday to take up what gets past the Senate.
Stories on Illinois Review -
- Same sex marriage proposal slowed down in Illinois Senate
- Assault weapons ban passes Illinois Senate committee
- Chicago Democrats Introduce Assault Weapons Ban For Illinois
- ISRA: Talk of gun ban can't distract from Emanuel's decaying record on crime
- By-the-numbers: Illinois gay marriage vote too close to call
- ILGOP Chair sees gay marriage as 'equality issue' and 'true conservative position'