From the Bureau of Labor Statistics -
- 22.7 Million Americans Are Unemployed, Underemployed Or Have Given Up Looking For Work.
- The Number Of Unemployed Workers Is 12,206,000.
- The Number Of Workers Working Part-Time For Economic Reasons Is 7,918,000.
- There Are Currently 2,614,000 Unemployed Workers That Have Given Up Looking For Work.
- The unemployment Rate In December Is Unchanged From That Of When Obama Took Office In January 2009, At 7.8 Percent
- The Real Unemployment Rate, Including Those That Are Working Part-Time Due To Economic Reasons, Is 14.4 Percent.
- In December, The Number Of Unemployed Increased By 164,000.
And, since Obama took office -
- Since Obama Took Office, The Average Duration Of Unemployment Has Nearly Doubled From 19.8 Weeks To 38.1 Weeks
- Since Obama Took Office, The Unemployment Rate For Women Has Increased From 6.9 Percent To 7.8 Percent.
- Since Obama Took Office, The African American Unemployment Rate Has Increased From 12.7 Percent To 14.0 Percent
- Since Obama Took Office, The Unemployment Rate For 16 To 19 Year Olds Has Increased From 20.7 Percent To 23.5 Percent.
- Since Obama Took Office, The Number Of Workers Unemployed For 27 Weeks Or Longer Has Increased By 2,066,000.
- Since Obama Took Office, The Number Of Discouraged Workers Has Increased By 334,000.
Since Obama Took Office, The Nation Has Lost 994,000 Construction Jobs.
- Since Obama Took Office, The Nation Has Lost 564,000 Manufacturing Jobs.
- Under Obama, The National Debt Has Increased By $5.8 Trillion, An Increase Of 55 Percent.