RIVER BEND - The Telegraph is reporting local Republican county chairmen agreed upon six finalists interested in succeeding State Rep Jim Watson, who tendered his resignation from the IL House. Those chosen include:
- Pike County Board Chairman Andy Borrowman, who was re-elected Nov. 6. to his second four-year term on the board.
- Jacksonville 4th Ward Alderman C. D. Davidsmeyer. He has served on the Jacksonville City Council since he first was appointed in February 2008 to fill the unexpired term vacated by then-4th Ward Alderman Paul Belobrajdic. Davidsmeyer was elected to the City Council seat in April 2009.
- Douglas Coop, director of the State Partnership Program for Illinois National Guard. The rural Jacksonville resident was promoted Oct. 11 to the rank of major. He was among 13 Illinois National Guard members presented in May with medals from the president of Poland, Bronislaw Komorowski, for working and training with Polish forces.
- Carrollton School Board member Debra Helton, 46, of rural Carrollton. Helton, a speech-language pathologist, is finishing her eighth year on the board.
- Macoupin County Board Member William A. Harding, of rural Carlinville. He also serves as a Bird Township supervisor, is a retired U.S. postmaster and operates a family farm, Hardin said.
Harding could not be reached for comment.
- Greene County Board member Luke Lamb, of Greenfield. He is vice president of Bob Lamb Co. Inc. in Greenfield, Hardin said.