Some may be asking...why vote? Here are a few reasons to consider:
- Illinois consistently named the worst state to do business in;
- Illinois consistently named the worst state to retire in - 2 years in a row;
- Illinois has the 45th highest business/corporate taxes in the nation - stifling the economy and stopping job growth;
- Illinois has 33rd highest overall cost of living;
- Illinois has 7th highest property taxes in the nation;
- Illinois citizens were hit with the largest tax increase in history (67%) in 2011-2014;
- Illinois has high gas prices - (gas prices in 2010 were between $1.81 to $2.83... Now... );
- Illinois named worst in mental health services;
- Illinois, after the historic tax increase of 2011, lost the most JOBS in the nation in July of 2012;
- Illinois has worst municipal bond debt rating in the nation;
- Illinois has unpaid bills to the tune of $6B up to $8B consistently from 2010 to CURRENT, forcing businesses and not-for-profit organizations to go into "high debt" to survive while waiting for our government to pay its bill;
And the list goes on.
Today, you get to be heard in Springfield.