The Coalition of African-American Pastors will announce Tuesday that it's starting a nationwide campaign urging people to stop supporting President Barack Obama. The group is angry about the president's announcement that he supports gay marriage.
"He has taken our vote for granted," Owens said. "He got off course. It is not the desires of the community to have marriage between a man and a man or a woman and a woman."
Owens likens the perceived attack on the Christian faith to the way black people were attacked during segregation. More HERE.
The group's "Commitment to Traditional Marriage Pledge" says:
- Whereas, since the beginning of recorded history, in most cultures of the world; marriage has been defined as the lawful union of one man and one woman, and
- Whereas, since "Children are a heritage of the Lord; and the fruit of the womb is his reward." (Psalms 127:3); marriage between male and female providing the only viable structure for conceiving and raising children, and
- Whereas, homosexual practices of same-sex couples are in violation of religious and social norms and are aberrant and deviant behavior, and
- Whereas these unions are sinful and in direct violation of the law of God in that they are a deviation from the natural use and purpose of the body. (Romans 1:26-27 NKJV), and
- Whereas to legalize such unions will signal social approval of homosexuality and sexual deviancy as legitimate lifestyles equal with God’s design of heterosexual normalcy;