Victor Maggio of Rebelpundit attended the 2012 Khilafah Islamic Conference, which was originally scheduled to be held at The Meadows Club in Rolling Meadows, Illinois, until the Chicago Daily Herald reported the agenda. After that, the owner of the Meadows Club cancelled the event, which then moved to a new location, The Lexington House, Hickory Hills, IL.
According to the American Muslim Forum for Democracy, Hizb-ut-Tahrir, the group that hosts the meeting, is a radical origination that promotes world-wide jihad, and targets young children to join their movement. Maggio reports that there were four speakers with the keynote presented by Dr. Mohammed Malkawi aka Abu Talha, Hizb’s Deputy Spokesperson. The following are some of the claims made by the speakers:
- American Capitalism has caused all that is wrong with the Muslim world today.
- The Capitalist System was created to restrict Muslims.
- The fall of Communism and the decline of Capitalism sends a clear message that the rise of Islam is imminent.
- Capitalism systematically creates poor people.
- The Democratic process in the US and around the world is a mirage.
- They are a peaceful non-violent movement, however, while viewing the diagram on the overhead projector showing the structure of the Sharia governing cabinet, it listed a private secretary in charge of Jihad.
An audio recording of Maggio's interview with Dr. Mohammed Malkawi aka Abu Talha can be found HERE.