SPRINGFIELD - If Illinois House Speaker Mike Madigan's (D-Chicago) plan to push pension payments back to the local level, local cities, municipalities, counties and villages will lose millions of dollars that they'll be forced to raise through local property tax hikes or cut from their locality budgets.
Here's a peek at what could be lost throughout the state -
- City of Champaign - $950,000
- Champaign County - $900,000
- Parkland College - $1.9 million
- City of Danville - $1.5 million
- Vermilion County - $1.2 million
as listed in News-Gazette